Thursday, November 24, 2011

Seventh abandoned photo: "I have to eat that prickly pear"

I have to eat that prickly pear, released on the streets: 25/11/2011.
Size: 18 x 24 cm
Frame: 20 x 30 cm

A prickly pear, cactus fruit or tuna is the fruit of the nopal cactus. The tuna is a particular fruit because it has a peel with prickles; thus before eating a tuna, the prickles have to be removed first and the then the fruit can be peeled. The procedure has to be done carefully; without having experience, it’s easy to get prickles on the fingers. Once you have peeled it, you can eat it! It’s a very fresh fruit and it has a sweet taste. Because of its prickly peel the tuna is sometimes related to the idea that it's something that may cause damage, you have to be careful hanging a tuna. And because of its red color, also a tuna is sometimes related to the image of a heart. Thus, "I have to eat that prickly pear" is a photo about love. And that’s all.

don’t usually like photos having a combination of black and white printing/color printing technique. I think a photo should be printed either on black and white or on color, but it shouldn’t be printed in a mix of those printing techniques. I don’t have any scientific/artistic reason to think that, it’s just I don’t like it. But I’m an adaptable and open mind person. I think that sometimes using both printing color techniques is good for the visual impact and the concept of the image. "I have to eat that prickly pear" is, for me, an example of that idea. For love and photography, adaptability is a good quality.

"I have to eat that prickly pear" is on the streets now! If you see it, please, let me know it!

2 comments:

  1. Me he de encontrar esta foto!
    La técnica con blanco y negro/color me gusta mucho!
    Porqué andas tan lejos olvidando fotos? quiero una!

    ReplyDelete