Sunday, November 20, 2011

Third abandoned photo, a lost photo!

Third abandoned photo "Martha and the sacred drink"
Status: lost!

Bah oui! Here is another abandoned and lost photo! It's the third abandonded photo "Martha and the sacred drink". That's the story. Two weeks ago I was in a very nice city, a city of big palaces and classical café bars.  I liked the city because walking along the streets you see it´s a place plenty of music, sculptures, big museums and art galleries, you feel art is in the air. I thought the place was very ad hoc to leave a photo and I did it.

I left the "Martha and the sacred drink" photo because I wanted to leave an image uncommon for people there. Well, I think it's uncommon because huichol culture isn't well known around the world. Even in México people don't know about the huichol culture. For me, it's a way to show the richness of the indigenous Mexican culture. And it's an image to think about the importance of maternal cultures not only in México but also in all other countries.

Well, to date I don´t have news about "Martha and the sacred drink", but I know the photo moved of place. The explanation of that is here. I must say I have some rules to leave the photos, a rule is "Don't come back to the street I leave a photo". Although in the case of the third abandonded photo I broke this rule and I came back by chance to the street I left the photo. Everybody knows humain being has weakness and I had mine. So, I turned my head to the exact same place where the photo was last time I saw it...but the photo wasn't there! Of course I have so many questions about the chance of the photo! I mean, the photo wasn't there! Did someone take it? If someone did it, why them didn't write a comment in the blog?  Maybe the photo finder doesn't want to leave a comment, or maybe someone took it and threw it in the trash? But I know the photo moved! I know it! And that's the reason why I prefer don't go back to the place I left the photo. If I know the photo moved, I'll be desperataly waiting news about the photo! And that's a mental torture to me! Sometimes, doesn't know about something it's the best way to be calm. But I'm not calm and I want to know about the third photo!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! no desesperes, tal vez las personas no se animan a escribir de vuelta, no se, no se les da la onda cibernauta y prefieren solo quedarse con la foto. Martha ya estara inspirando a alguien por ahi...
    Precisamente me inspire (me arme de valor, mejor dicho) un poquito este fin, y me anime a probar el tejuino (si, asi con J) obviamente no es de Huichol, ni muy sagrada que digamos, a lo mejor ni el mismo sabor, pero sabes que? me encantoooo! es muy refrescante y dulzon.
    Aunque tu no te enteres, estaras tocando las vidas de otros, salud por eso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dharma! You nearly gimme a heart attack! You're right! Tesgüino is also called teJuino! And they're the same drink of course! Thanks a lot for your comment! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete